Tuesday 19 January 2016

Climbing Kilimanjaro

Last night my darling husband Bear headed off on an adventure of a lifetime. This is what he said about it...




*********************************************************************************

"On Monday I leave for Tanzania to climb Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa. It will be the hardest physical challenge of my life!

My reasons are twofold; as someone once said, ”precious time is ticking away and life is not a dress rehearsal” - in other words we come this way once and I think we should really make the most of our time on this planet and enjoy as much of its wonders that we can. I hope to be able to use the trip to reflect, rejuvenate and to re-connect with my own personal and business “Why”? - in one of most beautiful places on earth.

The other reason is to give something back. I have long been a supporter of the amazing work done by the NSPCC in protecting vulnerable children and want to do my bit to make a difference to the lives of kids in the UK. As the NSPCC say - "Every childhood is worth fighting for”.

If you would like to help out and make a donation please click this link to my Just Giving page.

Wish me luck!

Alan "



- We do wish you all the luck and love in the world and although we will miss you, we are so proud of you Bear xxx

2 comments:

Carin said...

Underbart! Hoppas han far en toppenresa!
Min man gjorde det for manga ar sen och minns det som en av de basta upplevelserna I sitt liv.

London Mummy said...

Carin; Tack! Han har lyckats hora av sig darifran ett par ganger och so far so good, han alskar det sa han! :-) Aven intressant for mig som far uppleva att vara ensamstaende mamma i tio dagar. #Knackered #HatsOffToAllSingleMums

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin