Thursday 4 April 2019

Third time lucky?! Marylebone dream home














A little insight into what I've been getting up to this last month regarding our quest to find our dream family home without having to leave central London.

 Its near enough impossible to find something that suits us four, ie a bedroom each for the kids, an office for Bear, walk in wardrobe, space for Mum to stay when she's visiting, a secure underground parking and an outside space (ie balcony) and still in the heart of Marylebone. Well I've been reluctant to post anything on the blog in case I jinx it, but it's safe to say I've found our dream home here in W1, and been to view it three times already...
First time by myself, second time with Bear and the third time with my brother. This split level penthouse flat is twice the size of ours and I fell in love with it the second I entered it (have you seen the marble staircase leading up to the second floor?!). 
There are some snags in regards to finances as they want to sell it straight away and we would need to sell ours first, but we're currently in talks with the owners to postpone a potential purchase for another 10-12 months so we can sort our stuff out, and in the meantime they are looking to rent it out. 

Let's see, only time will tell but I've been viewing endless properties the last couple of years and this is just what we've been looking for -  Fingers crossed everything goes according to plan - wish us luck, we'll certainly need it! 

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Hi Catharina - wow, how exciting! What a beautiful home - fingers crossed that everything works out. We have had many moves throughout our marriage (my husband was in the army) and we basically had less than a week to go and buy a house each time. Of course, the internet helped enormously, being able to look at listings beforehand was great, but I well remember the first time we bought 26 years ago (we were moving from Germany to Canada) - the agent gave us a book about 3 inches thick with all the listings for a 2-week period! Of course, by the time we got there some of them had already sold.

When my husband was posted only a year after that, we went on a house-hunting trip to Toronto and came back with nothing because they would not accept conditional offers; after that we would always wait until the current house had sold, then go on our HHT. We'd look at houses for the first two days of the trip, then make our choice and spend the rest of the week with lawyers, bankers, etc. Suffice it to say, we've never had our 'perfect' home!😊 You are so lucky that the owners are willing to work with you.

I hope that your current home sells quickly. I don't know how it works in the UK, but here in Canada you generally leave your house when someone comes to view it with their agent - so that can be tricky when you have children. We were always lucky - the longest we had to wait for a house to sell was about 6 weeks; even that is such a drag! Anyway, I'm glad that you'll be able to stay in your preferred area, and I hope that everything goes smoothly - it can be a stressful time, so take care of yourself.

London Mummy said...

Patricia- well hello Canada, and thanks for your message. Buying/selling a property is so stressful and I can see that you can relate with all your previous experiences. We've already had some hick ups along the way but pray it will work out and I'll be glad when it's all over. Wishing you a lovely Easter break. x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin