Monday 6 April 2009

Sean update: 8.2 kilos & 68 cm

Sean; The love of my life, will no doubt be tall like his dad



Mornin! Today we are up early to try and break the jet lag. It's been a while since I wrote about my darling Sean, so I thought to dedicate this post to him. He is now nearly 4 1/2 months and last week when Bear took him for some more vaccinations last week, they also weighed him. He is already 8.2 kg (and 68 cm long)!!!

Sean's playmate, who is more than 5 months older, only weighs 1 more kilo than Sean *help* :-) I think we can safely say those are Daddy's genes!

He is still only rolling over from back to tummy rolled over, and very often so. That has made nappy time interesting because he tries to roll over and escape mid-change. Read to explore the world! Now if he could just figure out how to crawl, he would be unstoppable!

He is laughing more now, rather than just smiling, and during the last couple of weeks he has started to suck his thumb. He has gotten very good at grabbing and holding things and wants to touch and pick up everything, which we practised a lot on Friday, when I for the first time went to a baby activities class.

The class in Gymboree which was held in Whiteleys, in nearby Bayswater, and is for pre-sitting babies. was recommended to me by another new Mum, Vivien, who also had a baby boy in the Lindo Wing, only days after me (and with whom I also went to on an ante-natal/prepare for birth course). On Friday was the fist time I saw her since we both were pregnant.

She and her son Oscar have been going to Gymboree for quite a while now, and after joining them there last week, we have now decided to sign up for more classes so that we can go there together every with Friday from now on.

On Thursday Bear and I will leave Sean overnight, for the first time (except when he was with my Mum so that I would get a proper night's sleep, but then we were in the same flat, under the same roof!).

Reason being is because with Easter coming up (Friday here is a national holiday) and with Alan's Mum is visiting from Scotland this week (and kindly offered to babysit), we are going away for one night only to stay in a newly opened boutique Hotel called Crazy Bear.

Hope you will have a funfilled week x

1 comment:

mamma said...

Oh, Sean är en kopia av dig som liten, du mitt lilla hjärtegryn

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin