Tuesday 25 June 2013

Chicken soup for the soul

Bear loves soup,  I love it and I always have done, and I also love cooking it. I suppose it's alsoo very encouraging as my husband appreciates it so much - he really is my biggest fan :-)

Here's tonight's creation, which I cooked for 2.5 hours, in order to get the best flavour and to get the chicken to shred nicely like this.  These are the ingredients I used:

Free range chicken, onions, garlic, leeks, butternut squash, carrots,  freshly shelled green peas, bay leaves, spinach leaves, brown lentils, lemons, chicken stock and a dash of single cream

2 comments:

inge said...

I am going to try this it is funny everyone has their own chicken soup recipe. I have one which is similar but is slightly Thai in style I add noodles, lots of coriander and some chilli great for when you are feeling unwell. Have a fun week.

London Mummy said...

Inge, yes they do, but the great thing about soup is that you cld more or less chuck in any veg you have at home, fresh or frozen. I season mine with salt pepper paprika and dried chili flakes. Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog!
Best,
Cat

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin