Saturday 9 September 2017

Drinks list


Yes way, rosé!
 (bottle of Miraval on our balcony in Nice last week)

Coffee 
At home, its Nespresso lungo cup with a dash of cream or on the go, a 'wet soya' cappuccino from Starbucks. If I visit the worlds biggest coffee chain twice in one day (which is not unusual) on the second visit I have their filter coffee with pouring cream as I'm trying to avoid too much soya milk

Wine:
 White Burgundy mainly Sancerre or rosé wines including Domaines Ott, Mirabel or Whispering Angel. I stay well clear of red wine. 

Beer:
 Once in a blue moon I might have one or two sips of Bear's lager. He is a fan of the new craze for craft beers brewed in local micro breweries.

Bubbles:
 I adore bubbles and Laurent Perrier or Billecart Salmon rosé would be my first choice. I've lately discovered English sparkling wines (some nicer than the French). Best by far is Nyetimber 

Tea:
 A simple Tetley's builders tea with dash of Soya Light. Afternoon or early evening. Also when I'm not rushed in the morning.

Water: 
I love water, usually first thing in the morning. I always have a small bottle on my bedside table that I drink from throughout the night, and what's left of it I neck back when I wake up. 
Juice :     
I avoid all juices and stick to green smoothies instead. Either Bear makes me one at home in our NutriBullet, or I get my fave from Joe And The Juice- “Joe’s Green Mile” with broccoli, spinach, avocado, apple, lemon and I ask for extra ginger too

 Cider:
I do not drink cider

Cocktails:
 To 'get the party started'or when I need to catch up with someone who's been boozing before me, I drink a Long Island Iced Tea with Diet Coke. Other times I’ll have Espresso Martinis, vodka with slimline tonic and a slice of lime . Alternatively I will have an Aperol Spritz (my friends and I make it a "turbo", meaning shot of Vodka in it to give it some oomph!) 
During autumn evenings in London I love an Irish coffee after dinner

Soft drinks:
Fanta Zero, Pepsi Max

Non alcoholic beverages at the pub:
 Neva! 😂



Drinking a Nespresso coffee from my new pink flamingo cup

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin