Saturday 15 May 2021

When you discover a lump in your breast...

 

Pic of the side of my left breast 

... the procedure in this country is that you call your GP surgery and they will give you an appointment ASAP (I was seen the day after), and the doctor will examine you. 

Here they dont mess around with anything to do with the breasts, and NHS has a 2 week urgent referral rule. 

I was seen by a breast surgeon at Charing Cross hospital last week (within fourteen days of seeing my doctor).  At the hospital I had a scan which confirmed my lump and after that I had a biopsy that was sent off to the lab. They had to dig quite a few times to get the amount of breast tissue that they needed and it was brutal to say the least as the above pic shows. 

Now it's just a waiting game and hopefully I'll get a good result in about 10 days time, so watch this space.. 

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Hi Catharina, ooh, that does look brutal. Wishing you all the best for the all-clear soon. Take care xxx

London Mummy said...

Hello Patricia, long time! Thank you so much for your message and concern. Yes fingers crossed, I'm trying to remain positive eek! Will update blog as soon as I get the biopsy result.
Warm wishes,
Cat
xxx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin