Saturday 15 May 2021

When you're finally down to your pre pregnancy weight

On the 13th of May 2019 at my heaviest weight ever, 69kg,  I began my intermittent fasting journey and it's been one of the best things I've done health wise.

I started out with the Warrior Diet which means fasting 20:4 (fasting 20 hours a day with a 4 hour eating window) 5 days a week. After that I started mixing it up with 18:6 and some days even fasting 24hours and doing OMAD (one meal a day). 

Fasting and depriving your body from food means you're switching your body from burning glucose (primary source of fuel) to stored body fat.
You're also giving your digestive system a time to heal, and boy do I feel healthy now that I dont eat every 4 hours. 

Almost exactly two years and a lot of hard work later, I'm 10 kilos lighter and finally down to my pre pregnancy weight.

It's certainly not for everyone, but in my case- I'm loving life in the fasting lane! 


 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin