Tuesday 20 April 2010

Gratitude

This picture really gets to me, and I can't look at it without tears welling up in my eyes, and without an overwhelming feeling of gratitude of being a full time Mum, not having to be away from Sean for long periods of time and not having to return to work.



Like I’ve said before, it is so easy to forget the "little" things in life, that we should be grateful for. If we only take a few minutes sometimes to reflect on the good things that are in our lives, we would realise how blessed we are.

MSN – Windows Live Messenger is so great for keeping in contact with friends and family, and I use it every day (mostly video) without failure, mailnly with my Mum though.



Laughter. - Research has shown that laughter helps us live longer and stay healthier. I truly believe it. Yesterday I laughed out so loud at something Bear told me, and it rubbed off on Sean who also started laughing, and eventually I was crying from laughter, so Bear too started to laugh. Unfortunately I can’t share what he said ;-)

Nap times - Almost every day Sean has his midday nap for an hour or two. I then usually make a cup of tea and watch something I have recorded on Sky + planner, read my book, or just write a blog post. I really cherish these times of peace.

Sean's cuddles - For some reason, cuddles seem to cure any problem I might be having.

Caller ID on our home phone

Anytime I can get a full night's rest, I wake up thinking anything is possible!

I'm thankful for toast (or any newly baked bread) - how something so simple makes your kitchen smell so good!

Travelling - Any opportunity to get out and explore the world with my family is wonderful and I really look forward to our next trip - Chicago in mid May

4 comments:

Lady E said...

Dette var et veldig fint innlegg. Og så veldig sant, og fikk også meg til å tenke litt etter. :D

MilouK said...

...and now you made me cry (because I am off to Barcelona this evening and feel terrible for leaving my kids behind during these uncertain travel circumstances!!).

London Mummy said...

Lady E: Tack! Vad bra att det fick dig och tanka till :-)

MilouK; Ooooh no, I'm terribly sorry, that was of course not my intention when writing the blog post! ;-)
Have a great time away from the kiddies, and you'll no doubt appreciate them more once you've been away from them. That is always the case for me!

MilouK said...

You were oh so right! It was actually good for me to miss my little rascals a bit. Back home now and I am so pleased with relaxing days in lovely Barca. And no apologies, keep up the great writing.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin