Thursday 22 January 2009

Hallelujah

The X-factor winner, Alexandra Burke, has now been in the top of the charts here in the UK for more than a month, with her version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah".

I personally don't like it at all and have had my favourite version of the song for a number of years now, which is sung and played live(!) by four extremely talented Norweigan musicians.

Out of the four, I adore Kurt Nilsen. He is the one who sings last, with blonde hair and a huge gap between his teeth and whom you might recognise as the winner of "World Idol".

When/if Bear and I decide to get married one day, I have told him I would like to hire Kurt to sing on our big day - that's how much I like him! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, Love LOVE Kurt Nilsen!!
Sooo much that I am flying to Oslo, Norway from Nebraska/USA for a concert( with him performing with the Guitar Buddies) on May 9th.
I am sooooooo excited!!

* come see us at:
kurtnilsenmedia.com

It's a free Kurt Nilsen fansite. Go to the " Forum"/chat and say hello.
signed A Huge Kurt Nilsen fan,
Cathy

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more with you about Alexandra Burke. Her version is so... manufactured and soulless.

"You don't really care for music, do you?" = Simon Cowell

Haha, you will have to let me know how much it costs if you can get Kurt Nilsen to play at your wedding! And where it would be, so I can gatecrash :p

I can't wait to go and see all four of them in Oslo! You and your partner should come, it's always good to meet British Kurt fans (although I see you are Swedish, I think after 12 years here, you're British enough! :) )

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin