Wednesday 30 September 2009

Blog anniversary and REPOST: Autumn Glory







Good Morning!

Perhaps it might be too soon to start digging into the archives of my blog, but whilst away on holiday in the blazing hot sun, there were times towards the end of the two weeks, that I started to miss London and the Autumn back here. You see, visually, Autumn is no doubt my most favorite season.

There is just something about the sight, the, the way the colourful leaves fall and gently blow in the wind. It just seems so relaxing and peaceful.


I am therefore doing a re-post of one of my older entries from September last year (which is by the way also when I started this blog - i.e it is now one year old. HURRAY!), because I feel that sometimes it's easier to let a previous post speak for itself instead, and this Season is just fantastic! Here is my old post, and I 've made a few additions.


WHY DO I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR?

The brilliant display of colours

I enjoy the happy medium between freezing and hot; cool

Soups - I could live on soups. and a crusty baguette

A nice cup of Chai while curled up with Bear and Sean on the sofa with our cosy blanket after a long day

being able to curl up in a warm sweater without boiling, and with a good book in one hand and a hot cup of chocolate in the other

the crisp mornings

Socks and slippers - a proper excuse to wear one of all my silly pairs of slippers/UGG-type shoes. As soon as the nights get colder and temperatures drop, I pull out my favourites including my comfy PJ's (Primark is great for those!), and matching slippers and socks. So cozy! :-)

Boots - You can never have enough pairs of boots. Soft, supple, go with anything, boots. And this year of course; my over-the knee boots!

The evenings that are chilly enough to light lots of candles everywhere (but not cold enough to put on the central heating).

Sleeping with the windows open and laying in some mornings with Bear, snuggling under a few duvets

Romance - for some reason, Autumn seem to remind me of blossoming love (new romance for the singletons), and getting a taste of that romantic bug, have a weekend break in a country side hotel with a log fire etc.

Wardrobe changes - fashion and clothing-wise, this season is also my most favourite one. I really enjoy bringing out the neutral colours; browns, blacks and greys, and then of course the layering. I LOVE layering. Boyfriend cardigans, light sweaters, scarves etc. Luv it all!




Hope you too are all having a lovely "I-love-Autumn-day" today

Hugs and Loves,

Catharina

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin