Tuesday 3 March 2009

Swedish Mum 'n' babies gathering

Giving you some pictures from earlier today. 3 new Mums and their babies came to visit me and Sean. We were all due to go to the Swedish Church for the toddler group, but because we hadn’t seen each other since towards the end of our pregnancies, we had a lot of catching up to do and therefore ended up staying in just chatting, 'compared notes' and swapped ideas on babies/motherhood and such like.

People think I’ve gone mad when I say my feet have grown half a size since becoming a mother. No, my feet are by no means swollen, that's not what I mean. They are just bigger than before. And then to hear that two of the three mothers that visited also have bigger feet since having a baby, was quite reassuring to say the least! :-)

So there were two baby boys and two baby girls, all gorgeous in their own way and with their own character. I am such a baby lover these days, it’s like I’m hooked on them. When I’m out walking with the pram, and see another Mum and pram ahead of us, I tend to walk a little faster and catch up with them, just so I can catch a glimpse of the baby. Sometime I even start talking to the mother, and actually find that most times it’s very welcomed, and that other new Mums normally feels the same.

Oh and one of the Mums, Viki, had the most gorge pram ever! Made by Emmaljunga, (same make as I have), only 40(!) years earlier! Would you believe it??
I'm soooo jealous! ;-)
" I don't want to sit here Mummy, I wanna sit next to the girls of my age!!"


Sean in different trousers (GAP) after an "accident" , but with the same body suit from RL that Daddy bought him
Sean was very content in between the two girls
From left to right: Elliot 5 weeks, Maya 4 months, Sean 3 months, Polly 8 weeks


def some flirting going on here! :-)



A more gorge pram than this will be difficult to find!

A beautiful Grape Hyacinth plant that Viki brought for me




.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! 2 kommentarer:

Jag hade en san vagn da jag var liten!! Det ar faktistk sant :)

Maya, jag kanner henne nastan, eller hennes mamma ar i alla fall en av mina aldsta vanner i London :)

Varlden ar liten!

Anonymous said...

Gällande fotstorlek - mammas fötter växte TRE storlekar efter hon fick mig, så din halvstorlek är nog fullt normal :-)

London Mummy said...

Stina,

Lyckost, att fa glida omkring i en sadan veteran!
Vad kul att du kanner T! Ja, varlden e da liten. Minns att Linda och Ragnhild hamnade pa samma fest ocksa for inte sa lange sedan!

Anna; OMG! Mar genast mkt battre efter det! :-) fast d gjorde nog inte din mamma, ouch, 3 storlekar, stackarn!
Det e bara att kopa en helt ny sko garderob *suck*, men vissa skor vagrar jag att slanga, och kommer pressa ner fotterna i och lida om jag sa maste! :-)

Laban said...

Nä men titta! Där är ju min gamla barnvagn som jag färdades i på 70-talet.

Om än med nytt tyg nu, men i alla fall.

Trevligt att se att den har kommit till rätta. :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin