Tuesday 3 November 2009

Flowers and me

The bunch of lilies (not yet bloomed) that I bought today

I am a big fan of the Lily (Casablanca ones if I could choose) – not only the fragrance and the look but of course the durability too. There is something about them that make me happy, that make me feel feminine and that make me smile. I love everything about Lilies; I even forgive the orange pollen that leaves nasty and very difficult to get rid of-stains) and accept them as a necessary evil! LOL

A while back I saw a feature on the telly regarding flowers and depression. It said something about how some doctors (alternative, I assume) are increasingly prescribing flowers to their patients to cure the signs of depression.
I am not sure if it is the actual visual of gorge, lively flowers that “cures” the depression, or if it is the essential oils derived from the flowers (lavender, rose, jasmine, etc..) that help aid the process.

Can’t say I am convinced, but I do know that you can give me a bunch of flowers (not just Lilies) any day of the week and it will uplift my spirits tremendously and stir up positive emotions. (BF’s out there should take a mental note, as I’m sure most ladies out there agree with me!).
I know receiving flowers of any kind always makes me feel better, regardless who gives it to me, the occasion, or the intention.

On a corner close to my flat, that I always pass when going to Starbucks (i.e. almost every day), is a fresh flower stand, and whenever I pass it each my mood is instantly elevated. Not sure if it is the colours, scent, or just the overall beauty of flowers.
But who cares why? That’s just the way it is for me! Which is why today, when I needed my mood to be altered a little bit, I went and bought a bunch. Maybe you should too?!

Luv n all the rest,

XOXO



1 comment:

AF said...

Vilka vackra blommor! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin