Friday 27 November 2009

Sean 1 year old today!!!!

I can't believe it. My angel is ONE YEAR old!. I'm not sure I can still call him a baby because it feels more like we have a little boy, a tiny toddler in the flat now. I actually get the feeling now that my son is a person in his own right. He has his own personality and very definite preferences, he's not just a baby waiting to be fed, have his nappy changed and be put to bed.

It's amazing what a baby does in his first year. When we brought Sean home, he was nearly 2 days old. He had no control over his limbs, he couldn't do anything except cry, poop, drink milk and sleep. Fast forward to today and the transformation is amazing!

These days, he does not even sit still to eat. he has learned how to climb up stairs and giggles when I follow behind him. I don't let him try to climb down yet, even though he wants to, because it's scary how absolutely fearless he is.

Some other new talents--he claps and waves back at us. He is eating lots of solids now and will pretty much eat anything, although he hasn't quite figured out how to proper chew yet--he ends up storing pieces in his mouth then spits them out.

He still cant stand unassisted now, although he stand when holding on to things, and walk along side our table or other furniture.His current favourite toy is a ball which he keeps throwing, crawling after, catching it and throwing it again (for ages), and on Cbeebies he loves watching Waybuloo over and over again.

Sean really makes me so incredibly genuinely happy and fulfilled, only in a way a parent can understand. He enables me to grow as a person, and forcing me to grow up and take hold of my responsibilities, with both hands, and a smile. He is my delight, joy and purpose. A real sunshine, who wakes me up most morning with a massive smile that says “I love you, Mum”.

And you see, what’s so incredible is just that, that they really do love you, their parent/s. No matter what. In all circumstances do they love us, look up to us, admire us whilst we are trying, sometimes failing, then trying again, to be good parents. But they allow us to make mistakes, and they forgive you and give you another chance. With that big hard wonderful hug that says, “it’s ok Mum, I know you’re doing your best. And that’s really just what I am trying to, being the best Mum I can be to Sean. I hope he one day can see and feel that.

Happy first birthday my wonderful baby boy, my flesh and blood, my treasure, my everything. Mummy loves you immeasurably

XXX


11 comments:

Stina i London said...

Happy b-day Sean!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Sean!!!

Karlsebakken 37 said...

Stort grattis till lilla Sean! Tycker inte det var längesedan jag läste inlägget som Erik skrev om att han hade kommit till världen. Usch vad fort ett år går alltså - skulle helst stoppa tiden lite och "bara vara" med lilla Astrid. Gäller verkligen att njuta av varenda liten sekund tillsammans med våra små älsklingar.

Ha en härlig födelsedag med Sean och en skön helg!

Kram Caroline

Matilda said...

Grattis på födelsedagen lilla Sean! :)

Alan AKA Bear said...

Daddy loves you too Seanie - Happy birthday little man xx

Gazza's Summer Tours said...

Happy Birthday Sean!!!

CarolineEiLondon said...

Happy Birthday Sean! That story brought a tear to my eye, beautifully written, so sincere.

Karin said...

Grattis till lille sötnosen! (födelsedags tårta räknas väl inte som "solid"? hihi)

Anna said...

Happy birthday to Sean! Hope you've had a wonderful day :D

Johanna Svärd said...

Stort Grattis till Sean, hoppas ni har haft en super mysig dag!
Kram Johanna

London Mummy said...

A huge thanks to you all for Sean's bday greetings. We r feeling so overwhelmed by the response we've had here.
Lots of love from a grateful mum and dad,
Cat & Al

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin