Tuesday 17 February 2009

Health Centre, weight update and Uncle Erik


Erik loves spending time with his nephew




Me and Susanna met at the Health Centre today as we were both weighing our sons. Sean have put on 2 kg in one month and now weighs a total of 6.6kg. Basically, he has doubled in weight since he was born which is insane if I allow myself to think about it.


Whilst in the waiting room a new Mum came through the door, looking battered as if she's getting no sleep at all, and had with her what looked like a doll, a teeny tiny baby, no more than a few days old, and it had me thinking back 12 weeks ago when Sean was that little. As much as I would like him to stay that size forever, I also enjoy watching him grow and hitting each milestone.


Well at least, we think he is — we don’t check lists of such things nearly as often as we used to (and maybe he is better off for it). But we do see him lifting his head as he should and starting to grab at things that are interesting etc. All I can say is that I can't wait for when the day comes when he says Mummy (or 'mamma' in Swedish).


Uncle Erik (my brother - SEAN'S uncle) has been visiting this afternoon (pic above), and now I'm going to sit down and read the latest issue of TATLER , and have a large cup of tea.

As Oscar Wilde says “I believe that it is customary in good society to take some light refreshment at five o’clock.” - and I couldn't agree more! :-)



March 09 issue of Tatler



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin