Wednesday 22 October 2008

more preparations


Went to bed pretty early yesterday but stayed up late reading the guide to child birth book with Bear.

He was highlighting lots and taking notes. Last night the main focus was on how to know when it's time to go to the hospital (3-4 contractions in 10 minutes, each lasting 60 seconds), timing contractions and how he knows I'm having actual contractions (supposedly I can't speak during them!).


Am officially knackered this morning. Got up 9(!) to the toilet last night - must be a record! Can't wait to meet my little treasure who's been keeping me up all night. Have had quite some contractions as well which apparently is all normal. Will definitely have a nap this afternoon, but first I'm meeting Susanna and Alfie in town. They are coming with me to New Bond Street to look for a nappy bag for the pram. I have a certain one in mind from Longchamp so am hoping they have it in stock today.


This is the list so far, of what I'm packing in Bear's hospital bag:

Contact list - include the numbers of both of our parents, siblings, best friends etc.
Loose change for vending machine
Chocolate and snacks - to keep up his energy levels
Spare T-shirt
Toothbrush, toothpaste and wet wipes for quick freshen-ups - he'll want to look good in those first pictures, too ;-)
Bottled still water
Camera and battery charger and camcorder
ipod
Mobile phone – and charger
slippers
Something to sleep in
A book or magazine - to keep him occupied if I have a long labour
Have a happy Wednesday -hopefully I'll be back later posting a pic of my new nappy bag! :-) Puss

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found this site quite helpful for packing a hospital bag.
www.hospitalbag.org
cheers!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin